Need to schedule your BMW Inspection 1? Book an appointment online for BMW service in Jacksonville, FL. Best rates in Southeast.
As a part of your scheduled BMW maintenance, it is good to think of Inspection 1 as an annual check-up for your BMW. Inspection 1 is designed to make sure your safety features work properly. It also ensures your BMW is optimized for everyday performance. BMW Inspection 1 is to be completed prior to Inspection 2 which your BMW will need when it reaches a higher mileage.
What is commonly included in the Inspection 1 for BMW vehicles?
The BMW Inspection 1 includes many parts — a road test, multiple points of inspection, and a few quick tune-ups for the car. We’ve broken down what our technicians will do during Inspection 1 by the area of your BMW that will be inspected.
Under the hood, we will:
- Use a scanner to read your diagnostic system;
- Check your all of your fluids to ensure they are the proper levels including, antifreeze, brake, clutch, coolant, and windshield washer fluid;
- Look for leaks in the engine cooling system/heater hose connections;
- Verify your air conditioner works properly,
- Perform a load test on your battery, and check the electrolyte levels of your battery; and
- Reset service light indicator.
Under your BMW, our technicians will:
- Change the oil and oil filter, as required during the Intermediate Oil Change Service;
- Verify the engine runs at the correct temperature;
- Check for leaks in the power steering system, rear axle, and transmission;
- Check for leaks in your fuel connections, lines, and tanks;
- Check for leaks in the exhaust system, plus proper positioning and mounting, and overall condition of the exhaust;
- Check the front control arm and bushing for wear spots;
- Check the steering system for lack of play and overall condition;
- Clean the contact points on the brake pads, check all the brake disc surfaces, and examine thickness of your brake pads;
- Examine brake lines and clutch system connectors for leaks, damage, and ensure they are in the proper position; and
- Check position and movement of the parking brake cables.
Tires and wheels, our technicians will:
- Check all tires, including your spare, to ensure they have proper tire pressure;
- Examine tires for wear and even tread, realigning or correcting when necessary; and
- Grease the center hubs on your BMW’s wheels.
To inspect the body and interior of your BMW, our technicians will:
- Check interior and exterior lights for functionality;
- Check indicator lights, instrument panel, and dashboard for proper illumination and control;
- Check washer and wiper system for functionality;
- Verify all doors and closures operate correctly;
- Grease your hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches;
- Check functionality of safety belts;
- Visually check air bag units for torn covers or obvious damages;
- Check functionality of heating, air blowers and defoggers; and
- Verify mirrors work seemlessly.
The Final Test
To run quality assurance on all of the check points of BMW Inspection 1 and to make sure your BMW is in proper working order, our technicians will take your vehicle on a short road test.
How often is Inspection 1 necessary?
The BMW service schedule will vary based on the age of your BMW.
For BMWs made prior to or during 1991, your first Inspection 1 will occur at 15,000 miles, then every 30,000 miles, so you will need to do it again when the car reaches 45,000 miles, 75,000 miles, and so on.
For BMWs made between 1992-1998, as well as the 1999 e36, the first Inspection 1 service is scheduled at 20,000 miles, then every subsequent 40,000 miles, so you will need to do it again when the car reaches 60,000, 100,000, and so on.
For BMWs manufactured 1999 or later (excluding the ’99 e36), the first BMW Inspection 1 service is scheduled for 30,000 miles and then every 60,000 miles after that, so you will need to do it again at 90,000 miles, 150,000, and so on.